Saturday, August 21, 2010

Blessed, Thankful, and Contemplative...


I was just washing the dishes and trying to wrap my head around how on earth I am going to blog about the amazing vacation that somehow, I still feel like I am on. It is so much more than the pictures I took and the activities we did...I went home. I haven't lived in New Hampshire for 21 years, this summer. I have truthfully never lived in Vermont, and yet more than any other place, I felt the draw of home as I traveled there. I felt like a kid again as we drove down the old railroad tracks that lead to camp with the windows rolled down. But, I felt very much like a grown up driving all 18 hours by myself for the first time ever. Jake was with me of course, but we still have several years before he can help out in the driving department. I loved watching Jake relive and recreate my childhood memories. I felt so grown up after Jake went to sleep and I had all of camp to myself, again for the first time ever. I feel blessed beyond words. I am thankful that 52 years ago my Grampa Smith created this haven that generations to come will be shaped by. I am still contemplating how to put all these feeling into words. I am a blog off the top of my head kind of person-type as I go, but this seems to warrant some more thought. It is that important. I hope I can record these cherished moments in a way that will really share the life changing experience this trip really was...So, for that reason I am still thinking and deciding how to do it, the right way. No rush, but there is such a rush to put all the feelings down so I won't lose them...I am working on it....