Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where does the time go...and other random things.

I can't believe there are only 34 days of school left! Jake and I counted the other day and were both shocked. How can 2nd grade almost be over? It feels like it just started. I have been soooo busy lately with PTO, callings at church, babysitting, trying to work in Spring cleaning, soccer, homework...okay that is enough. I could go on forever! You all get the picture because you are all doing it too! I am preaching to the choir I know! I just had to update a few things that have been going on lately since I haven't blogged in a couple of weeks. (WARNING-this is one of the posts that is for me to remember what happened so when I make this into a book we won't wonder what happened in April because I was to slack to blog...)
-Blog girls I have been trying to upload the screaming NKOTB video that you requested but for whatever reason it just isn't working...Stay tuned I will get it up I promise and you will have yet another reason to laugh at me! :-)
-Easter was fun. We went to my parents and had a nice weekend visiting good old Monroe, NC. Jake got to stay for a few days after Aaron and I left. Spring break isn't a whole lot of fun when Mommy is babysitting 3 babies. The summer will be long but Jake will survive.
-Soccer is in full swing and for whatever reason they still felt the need to have a game during Spring break! CRAZY! Jake scored his first goal of the season during the game so I won't complain too much but, it was an early game so I didn't even get to sleep in..bummer, but worth it.
-Very random, but we all got new running shoes! It happens so infrequently that I had to mention it! Rack Room had one of it's awesome buy one get on 1/2 off sales and our shoes were looking very sad-so we shopped! Every time I get new shoes I declare that I will never again wait 3 years to get a new pair...and then I always do. I am not going to do it this time! I hate shoes and now I remember why. When you wear them out they are no longer comfortable...duh.
-I am pulling my hair out over Teacher Appreciation Week coming up at our school! I am on the PTO board and I am starting to find that there really aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done! Especially when I take 30 precious minutes to read everyone's blog and write on my own! Time well spent! Your blogs always make me smile..
-My niece Anika, who lives in Uraguay, just read Flat Stanley at school. She sent us her flat Anika and we only had her for the day because she was going to leave for Florida the next day. We decided to take her to Cracker Barrel! While taking pictures I dropped my camera and broke it! It no longer zooms in...wonderful.