Thursday, April 9, 2009

Starting the day feeling so blessed...

I have good friends who have been so kind to listen to my trials and help guide me in the directions I need to go to work through them. Last Friday I met 3 of these good friends at Panera Bread and we chatted and leaned on each other for a little while. We talked about lots of things-we laughed, we shared and we complained a little...but most of all we listened to each other and then I learned from these awesome women. I then spent the weekend going to soccer and watching conference...doing laundry and watching conference...cooking for my family and watching conference...Not a bad way to spend a couple of days. On Sunday Elder Oaks spoke and I swear he was talking to me...and it made me feel bad and good. I felt bad that I could put myself into the category of people that he spoke about...But I felt good to know I am obviously not the only person in the world feeling this way...I am treading water and have been for a few months. But I am trying. I feel like if I take a step forward, I then take 2 steps back.

I got Jake off to school and decided to sit down and check out the blog world and found myself laughing and crying and now typing! Thank you friends for sharing yourselves with me and everyone else that reads your blogs! I feel connected and loved as I read your stories and look at the sweet pictures of your lives. I am uplifted by your testimonies of the Savior and how aware of us I know He is... and I love to hear stories about your children as they grow and go through the same fun milestones Jake has gone through or is on his way into. I feel blessed to know you! I feel blessed to learn from you! I am lucky.