Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Two can play at this game!

A couple of weeks ago my mom was visiting and we were on our way to Jake's school for "Absolutely Incredible Kids Day Lunch". I am on the PTO board so I have a tag that I wear to school and I hang it up on the hook were I hang my keys. I went to grab it and couldn't find it anywhere...I looked in all my bags, drawers, and both vehicles. The strange thing is I swore it was there earlier that morning...Finally I said forget it! I will just wear a visitors tag and look for it later. So, after school I asked Jake if he remembered seeing it. He laughed and said he got mad at me that morning when I told him he couldn't watch TV while I took a shower, so he hid it...That little stinker! I asked him where it was and he went to get it...It was in his treasure box-a wooden jewelry box that he stores his little treasures (rocks, cards, etc.) in. A place that I would never in a million years looked! He thought it was hysterical and said he was going to give it back but forgot. I am glad I asked him! I decided two can play at that game and while he was getting ready for bed that night I hid Blue Boo, the blanket he has slept with since he was a baby, in the spare bedroom...When he came in his room to go to bed he asked where Blue Boo was and my reply was to laugh and say I got mad so I hid it! Silly boy, who does he think he is dealing with? We all had a good laugh (including Jake-he is a good sport) and I went and got it for him after he searched for a few minutes. Never a dull moment at our house!