Monday, December 23, 2013

Brain Declutter: Because I need to post words not just pictures....

*I hate towels that don't really dry you off.  You know the ones that just move the water around?

*Our tree has been up for a week and a half and we still haven't decorated it.

*Today Jake brought his little hymn book in the car so we could sing Christmas carols on the way to pick up his friend.  We had a disagreement on how you say "in excelsis".  He was sure it was pronounced "egg celsius". :)

*I am trying really hard to get in the Christmas spirit but I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that it is December 9th.  When did that happen?  Curse you late Thanksgiving!  Also I have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas so I am trying to postpone it in my head.

*Jake lost what I think is his 2nd to last tooth he needs to lose.  He keeps reminding me that the tooth fairy hasn't visited yet.  Do you really still have to give tooth fairy money to them when they know you are the tooth fairy?  Of course you do but I just never seem to have a dollar in my wallet.  One time the tooth fairy gave him a bigger bill because it was dark and she didn't know it wasn't a dollar.  That was back in the days when he didn't know I was the tooth fairy.  Luckily it was his first molar so that was the excuse for why he got a big bill (I can't remember what it was...it may have been a $10) that one time and never again!

*I know a lady who thinks that book club distracts from reading scriptures.  She is giving the impression that she thinks this statement is true to all those who attend book club...She is a self professed slow reader and she doesn't have time to read both and wonders if book club is a good idea.  To this my response (in my head, not out loud) is:  then don't come.  I am not a slow reader and the only thing we take with us into the next world is knowledge, so I read good books including the scriptures, but not limited too).  This is one of those "You've Got Mail" moments.  You know in the movie where they talk about being able to say the exact thing you want to say-at the moment you want to say it...I wanted to say "so just don't come" and be done with it but I couldn't do it.  If the conversation comes up again I think I will say it and not feel bad.  She is willing to voice her opinions, assuming that they apply to everyone when they don't.  My statement is simple and truly does apply to her.  Plus she doesn't want to read Jane Austen.  She says it is fluff she doesn't have time for.  If that isn't crazy I am not sure what it.  Here's to not being that busy and not being a slow reader!

*I started this declutter 13 days ago.  It is the eve of Christmas Eve and I am still trying to feel like it should already  be Christmas time!  It just seems like it should be October...

*I just got a package we ordered for our Primary (Sunday School, Sharing Time, and Music Time).  (Note to myself in the future and posterity: I am the Primary President right now)  We ordered Book of Mormons for our Junior Primary (kiddos ages 3-7), and scripture bookmarks with "Scripture Mastery" (verses they will memorize when they attend Seminary in high school) verses on it to start memorizing.  There are also CTR ("Choose The Right") rings for junior primary and some other fun stuff for kicking of next year.  At church we start our new curriculum in January and our new theme for the year is "Families Are Forever".  We are doing lots of prepping for it and it is going to be a great year!!!  All our teacher are in place and things are looking good!

*I love me Kindle.  I have said it before and I will say it again.  I love the idea of having a library in my purse.  "I can't live without my books."-Thomas Jefferson, one of my heros.  I am back to trying to finish Great Expectations.  I started it months ago (I think the beginning of 2013..) and only got 60% through and gave up.  It is not my favorite but I was told it gets better and it is better, but still not my favorite....I will finish it before the year is out.  I am 80 something % through and am waiting eagerly for it to get better....

*We just saw Catching Fire in the theaters on Saturday and it was AMAZING!  I cried four times I  think.  It was that good.  They did a better job this time connecting the characters and I just loved it.   We were waiting for Jake to finish it (he had just read Hunger Games and we watched that the Friday before...or maybe even 2 weeks ago...He is half way through Mocking Jay now).  I am a big believer of reading the book first. We saw the Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, the day after it came out and it was also AMAZING!  We read the Hobbit last school year and Jake loved it.  I think Hollywood is getting better at making movies that were books first.  I still haven't seen The Book Thief and I am not even sure if it is in the theaters any more...I will have to keep checking the $2 Theater.

*Aaron and Jake are out Christmas shopping...Better them than me!  Now I have to get back to painting ornaments, painting a little table for Jaxson, and wrapping gifts...