Saturday, July 16, 2011

Brain Declutter...I have a lot on my mind.

Some of it important, some of it not so much....

*I went and saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 in 3D today.  I have read all the books and seen all the movies.  It is so strange to have spanned over a decade in one book/movie series.  It was a really good movie.  It played out like it did in my head when I read the book.  I really enjoyed it.  It seems strange that it is "over".  I am not saying I am emotional about it or anything...Just saying it has been a long time span from when I read the first book all the way to watching the last movie...As for my first 3D movie, it was cool but I don't think it makes the movie better.

*"Perspective" has been on my mind lately.  What is important? I have been thinking about life in general every since there was a death on Aaron's side of the family.  Kirsten is Brian's (Aaron's cousin who is just a year or 2 older than us) wife of not quite 6 years who just passed a way from cancer.  They have 3 children under the age of 5, one isn't even a year old.   They found out she had cancer in the winter and she died just a couple of weeks ago.  What will Brian do?  How do you pick up the pieces from that?  He lives in Texas, with no family close by.  Kirsten was a stay-at-home mom.  Will he put them in day care?  And those are the easy questions.  How do you keep the memory of your children's mother a live when none of them will remember her?  Do you pack up your whole life and move closer to family?...I can't imagine what I would do without Aaron...or what he would do with out me.  My heart aches for them...All I can do is pray for them...Did I just say "all"?  You know what I mean right?  I guess what I mean is there is nothing I can physically do that will help.  You know what I mean?  When you say your prayers tonight keep The Wren family in your thoughts please....

*We leave for Vermont in 2 weeks!  Which means: MY PARENTS GET OFF THEIR MISSION IN 2WEEKS!!!!  Where has the past year and a half gone?  We are so excited to see them!

*I finished reading Pride and Prejudice a couple of weeks ago-did I mention that?  It was so good!  I loved it!  I celebrated my first time reading it by renting the movie (the newest version.  I was going to rent the older one to but our local video store doesn't have it...) and it was wonderful.  I already knew that though because I have seen it several times.  I am onto Sense and Sensibility and I am enjoying it so far.  Now that I am done watching Jericho I can get back to reading...

*Jake had two firsts in the past 2 weeks.  He ran a mile without stopping with Aaron on Tuesday while I was at a Primary meeting and he met me at the door to "brag" because he was so proud of himself.  I am proud of him too. :)  He also bore his testimony of Joseph Smith to me a week ago Friday as his morning devotional while we were homeschooling.  It was amazing to hear him bare his testimony and feel the Spirit and know that he really did know Joseph Smith restored the gospel to the earth.  We continued to feel the Spirit while we read our scriptures that tied in perfectly with what Jake had borne testimony of.  Long story short we both had tears in our eyes and the Spirit in our heart.  What a great way to start the day!
 
*My sister and her family have had a really tough week.  They have waited a long time and finally welcomed a puppy into their family last Saturday.  Stella Luna is the name that Saku (my nephew and her owner-he has wanted a dog for a long time...) gave her and he said the name just came to him.  Long story short they have spent the week wondering if she was going to make it because of a very serious virus she came down with the 2nd day she was with them.  They live in another country and the vet has been coming to their house to treat her.  In the states this very sick (in critical condition) would be staying at the vet and they take care of everything. They have had this sick, sweet little puppy at their house trying to care for her the whole week.  Just today she was taken to the vet so they could try to recoup and get some sleep...So, if you don't mind keep Stella Luna and her family in your prayers too.

*Jake asked me today (this is a conversation that comes up every now and then) what I would do if someone came to our house and offered us $500,000,000.000 (yes that is 500 billion) in exchange for Sadie.   I said I would take it...Is that bad?  Jake said he wouldn't take it.  I of course would miss Sadie terribly but I feel like she would understand. I mean dogs really want their masters to be happy right?  Since this is a hypothetical I am adding in that they are wonderful people who have acres of land with rivers and lakes, other dogs for Sadie to play with, and that we can visit her anytime we want!  Does that make me a bad person?  I mean I love my dog and she is a spoiled girl that leads a great dog life...Why do I feel bad about this when it would obviously never happen?

*Did you know that if you are making a recipe that calls for cream you can substitute milk mixed with melted butter?  I didn't know it but it works.  Google is a good thing.

That is good for now...There is a lot more very random things rolling around in my noggin but I am sick of typing and I am sure you are sick of reading (if any one is).