Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Behind the times...

Why am I posting at 11 something at night?  Because I had to do a quick post to tell you: YOU MUST WATCH JERICHO...when I decided to check out a few other blogs I follow...An  hour later...You get the picture...When Aaron left for work at 9:00pm (I feel like a broken record, but just in case some one new happens upon my little blog: he works full time 3rd shift so he can go to school full time during the day.  He pretty much rocks.), I was laying on the couch with a headache wondering if I would be able to stay awake for the 2nd to last episode...Well, I did  stay awake and I watched the series finale too-AND IT WAS AWESOME.  I can't recall a show that ended as well as this one did.  I am sure there are tons of people that wouldn't agree, but I loved it.  Seriously, you need to watch this show!!!  It is so interesting and it makes you feel like if you looked out the window this could actually be happening.  It would be horrible!-but it really makes you thankful for the Constitution, those who are willing to fight for it, and having our freedoms intact.  If you are patriotic you will love it.  If you like dramas that could be true to life, you will love it!  There is some violence but nothing to graphic.  I am NOT a lover of violent movies or shows and I could handle this. There are some "worldly" moments, but they aren't vulgar or anything like that.  It is a good representation of our society and the effects of poor decisions.  Don't you love how I am giving a review of a TV show that isn't even on TV anymore?  You all have probably already seen it and are wondering where I have been.  If so, what did you think of it?  If you haven't and you are still wondering why the title of this post is "Behind the times.." than just take a look at the date on this ad for Jericho's 2nd and final season:
Returns Fall of 2007...I am a little behind the times.  :)  I vaguely remember seeing the previews of this, wanting to watch it, and for whatever reason we didn't.  We probably missed the first episode or something...That was back before we had a DVR and this is the kind of series that you must watch all the episodes to really be able to follow it.

Thank you Netflix's for bringing me up to date.  Thank you Norb and Elizabeth for introducing us to Netflix. :) Thank you Aaron for working 3rd shift and having down time so you could be bored and find this show to watch.   I am going to bed now, and plan on going to bed early for a week to make up for staying up late and watching all 29 episodes in a week and a half...What can I say? After almost 14 years of marriage it is hard to go to sleep alone.  I have no problem sleeping once I get in bed-it is the getting in bed part. :)  Have fun at work Aaron.  I think I stay up late partly out of guilt that I know you aren't able to sleep...You are the best.  But I am not going to lie:  I also couldn't go to sleep until I could barely keep my eyes open because I just had to see what would happen next! :)  Watch it. You will love it.