Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conference weekend

We had a great weekend for a couple of different reasons. One reason is because it was General Conference weekend and that is always a spiritually uplifting experience. We enjoyed the conference from home and were able to pack and have fun as a family in between sessions.

We started the weekend by going to the Moose Cafe Friday night with our friends the Vanderhoof's (one of my great friends from Jake's school and my New Kid's concert buddy, Cheryl and her family) and had a really fun time. I of course had my camera but forgot to get a picture of all of us so this is the before and after.
We got up and headed to our friend Carla's neighborhood yard sale. We knew she was selling several pairs of binoculars and Jake has been wanting a pair. He ended up with the binoculars, some random leggos pieces he had been "needing" and a sword that he got for free. After that we headed to IHOP for breakfast and it was yummy! This makes it sound like we go out to eat all the time but the truth is we rarely ever do. We just wanted to enjoy our last weekend in the Mountains...and the kitchen is pretty much packed up.




In between sessions I headed to Walmart to get a few things we needed and Aaron took Jake to his school to shoot some hoops. I went by the school when I was done and snapped some pictures and we played a game of "Pig".




Sunday between Conference sessions, Aaron tried to show us were he buried Daisy, (our Basset Hound we had to put to sleep at the beginning of the year and as my mom calls her my first baby) but the road into Pisgah from Mills River was still closed because of all the rain. We will just have to go next time we come up to Pisgah to go camping. I miss my Daisy. I know a lot of you are rolling your eyes and saying it was just a dog, but she was more than that. She was part of our family for 10 years...That is a post for another day.

Our last weekend in the Mountain was a good one. One to remember!