Monday, September 12, 2011

Our Families Mission Statement..A short and sweet post. :)

The first Christmas (I think) after Aaron and I got married we got an amazing gift from Aaron's sister Ranee.  She had crossed stitch a quote by Lucy Mack Smith that had kind of become the family mission statement for the Harmon family.  Aaron's father, Harold (or Papa Harmon as we call him), had shared it with his family years before and thought it was something they should follow. I love this quote, I love the family that taught it to me, and I love the women who said it.   I would put a picture of it up if I could...but since I used up all the space on my blog (apparently there is only so much space for blogger to hold pictures and I have maxed that out...my wonderful husband is trying to solve that problem for me...), I will just share the quote with you:

"We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another, and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together."  Lucy Mack Smith

I need to get it put into another frame.  The glass and frame itself broke in one our moves.  Luckily it didn't damage the cross stitch and all the hard work I know Ranee put into it.  It is such a great reminder and I think it says it all. 

What is your family mission statement? Be inspired by other people by checking out: Welcome to the Madness, Chocolate on my Cranium, The Red Headed Hostess, and We Talk of Christ, We Rejoice in Christ.  They have some AMAZING ideas to do to make a family mission statement!  I know what we are doing for Family Home Evening tonight!