Monday, March 11, 2013

Stranger things have happened....

Truer words can not be spoken.  We are moving...again.  Long story a little shorter:  We were waiting to buy a house in shot sale and then foreclosure-we gave up.  Then we were waiting to rent an adorable house from Aaron's parents but the family who lives in it had their plans change and didn't move out...so we gave up waiting and signed a month to month contract on the house we moved into not even 2 1/2 months ago because it was time to move on with life.  Now the family in the adorable little rental my in laws own are moving the beginning of April...so we are too... into it I mean.  The rent will be a lot less money and we can really treat it like it is our home.  We can paint.  We can hang things on the wall.  We can not have to wonder what is lurking in the the carpet-because there is none!  The carpet in the house we are renting now looks okay and was cleaned before we moved in but it still grosses me out.  I had to use a lot of Febreze and candles to make the house smell not so yucky when we moved in...and I continue to use Febreze and candles to keep it smelling good.  I am told I smell things that apparently other people don't and that I obsess over it slightly, but the stink is there-trust me.   The adorable house is all hardwoods and tile. !!!  That is a complete and utter dream come true for the germaphob in me...and for the " loves character in a house" person in me.  And it has a fire place.  And the master bedroom has a 1/2 bath. :)  That one gets a smiley face because I don't like to share my bathroom with lots of people.  And a fenced in backyard.  And a family room AND a living room.  And I am excited for Jake (he is allergic to one thing: dust/dust mites...carpets aren't his friend.) will not have a stuffy nose every time we are at the house.  And I am excited that I will be able to breath better-even if it is just psychologically, because I won't have to wonder about the mold in the the hallway ceiling of the house we are currently living in.  And I realize sentences shouldn't start with "and" but there are a lot of "and's" to be happy about with this move.  I am really excited because we can live in the adorable house happily forever if we want to.  I am sure it won't be that long but I know it will be much longer than we have been living in our current residence. :)  I am also taking this opportunity to psych myself up about this move, because although I am truly excited about moving into the adorable house, I am not so psyched about the actual moving part...at all.  The reason being: we just moved...2 1/2 months ago.  I am not gathering boxes and packing.  We are going to move a room at a time with Rubbermaid's and unpack as we go.  We are even going to paint before we move in.  I have the colors all picked out.  I am sure Aaron will veto some of them because his love of turquoise is not as strong as mine is but that is okay.  Stranger things have happened....